Q&A Forums

Any advice\suggetions..?? Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
Ivan Pauliuchenka
Posted: Mar 08, 2010 06:34 PM
Any advice\suggetions..??
I got client who build the house using fresh cut lumber... so it is just totally wet. What would be the option. I going to spray open cell.
quentin
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 01:47 AM
Grab your moisture meter and get with the rep for your foam to see what they want it to be at before you spray. Then make sure to test all over the place on different boards and ifferent spots on each board to make sure you are dry enough.
SPRAYFOAM GODDESS
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 08:50 AM
Give them the phone number to your closest competition?
mason
Posted: Mar 11, 2010 12:14 PM
This is one of those things that you want to be smart about. Do not spray on wet wood. Make sure the moisture content is below 19% as measure with a moisture meter like a Delmhorst. It may vary in some places so be sure to check all of the nooks and crannies as well as the middle of a bay.

Any recommendations from your supplier in regards to the project that are outside of typical industry best practices or their written specifications should be in writing to protect you if something hits the fan later.
SprayFoamSupply.com
Posted: Mar 12, 2010 08:03 AM
I would take measurements of the lumber thicknesses and write them on the face of the stud or rafter in various locations. Fresh lumber will probably shrink as it ages and thouroughly dries. If you go back to the job some time later because it appears the foam shrunk and made some small gaps between the rafter and foam, you will have proof that it was not the foam that shrunk but the wood.

George Spanos
Ivan Pauliuchenka
Posted: Mar 13, 2010 06:04 AM
I like the Goddness advice to give it out to competitors... :)
I told the costumer the wood need to dry out until then I can`t install foam.
Thanks everyone

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.