Q&A Forums

Heating jobsite Post New Topic | Post Reply

Author Comments
SPFer
Posted: Nov 04, 2008 10:20 PM
Heating jobsite
A follow up to the Humidity post. Does anyone heat the jobsite, and what type of heat source do you use?

I am looking into a 80,000-200,000 BTU propane heater.
mason
Posted: Nov 05, 2008 08:14 AM
Yes,it is common to heat buildings for interior applications. However,caution is advised. Sprayfoam is comustible, so do not have the heat sources on during the application. Also watch out for build up of carbon monoxide when using fuel based heaters.
JohnPeters
Posted: Nov 05, 2008 08:41 PM
I typically tell my customers not to use propane heaters on a job site the day of our arrival. I was informed that heating with a propane heaters can inadvertently place an inhibitory adhesive film on the substrate. Is this true? Propane heaters can also increase substrate humidity levels if they are turned up too high, too suddenly. Consider a cold substrate that is suddenly warmed - bingo, condensation.

Comments mason?
Posted: Nov 06, 2008 07:51 AM
i too do not like propane/kero heaters when interior set...
lp heaters get used alot...
we consider interior combustion sourses a liability...they do not run when we spray...they can be on up to us makeing our grand entrance...but then its off until we quit spraying...fozdene (sp?)gas did a job on me..lol
now on a few of the big girls,,we have the contractor consider renting one of the external diesel fired heaters,,,ducted into the house...no combustion in the structure,,,no moisture laden air being introduced from the combustion sourse being in the structure (we have enough adhesion issues in the cold cold weather dont we??)
'dude
mason
Posted: Nov 06, 2008 08:08 AM
I have used propane heaters in large projects such as cold storage warehouses with no problems. But, in houses, I prefer to use a smaller electric space heater in the room that I want to heat. (turn it off before spraying) The techique is to spray an inch on all surface first, the foam insulates the surface well enough so that you do not have to keep the heater on during the rest of the application

You need to login to reply to this topic. Please click here to login.